The duties of the Clerk are prescribed by state statute and include:
- Clerk of the Board of Commissioners
- Clerk of the County Election Canvassers
- Clerk of the Court
- Member of the County Plat Board
- Files Assumed Name and Co-partnership Certificates
- Keeper of the Circuit Court Seal
- Register of Vital Statistics
Fees are established by law and turned over to the general fund.
Both applicants must be 18 years of age or 16 with parental consent. One applicant must be a resident of this county. There is a 3-day waiting period for the marriage license. You must bring your Driver’s License, Social Security number & your Birth Certificate. If you have been married before, documentation must be provided on how the marriage has been dissolved. Both parties do not need to be present to apply.