Roscommon County Municipal Building closed for Nonscheduled public access.
Due to an upward trajectory of documented cases for a 14-day period, an upward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests for a 14-day period, and a COVID-19 test positivity rating of 15% or higher, the following Emergency Operations Plan is being implemented across the entirety of the Roscommon County Municipal Building:
Effective today, November 20, 2020 the Roscommon County Municipal Building will be closed to the public until further notice. This includes, but is not limited to, all operations within the 34th Circuit Court, 82nd District Court, Roscommon County Probate Court, Clerk and Register of Deeds’ Office and Treasurer’s Office.
In order to facilitate the business of the court(s) and reduce the risk posed to the public, employees and other stakeholders, the following measures have been enacted:
- Judges will evaluate their upcoming dockets to determine which, if any, cases can be adjourned.
- All adjourned hearings will be rescheduled and notices mailed to litigants and/or attorneys.
- All summoned jurors are excused from jury service through January 1, 2021.
- All jury trials will be adjourned to a later date.
- All individuals granted access into the building will be required to wear face coverings and adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All individuals, prior to being granted access into the building, will be screened by county security.
A drop box will be available for court filings at the Roscommon County Municipal Building, 500 Lake Street, Roscommon, Michigan 48653 during normal business hours.
All county services will continue to be provided by phone, online, and scheduled by appointments. Every effort will be made to protect public safety and the legal rights of our citizens.
Please visit www.roscommoncounty.net and refer to the page for the department specific to your needs. Many fees and payments can be submitted online.