- Determine eligibility for all Veteran's Affairs (VA) programs
- Assist veterans, spouse and children in applying for benefits
- Initiate service-connected compensation or pension claims with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Guide veterans through the process of gathering medical documentation to support service-connected compensation and/or pension claims
- Initiate request for lost military documentation and separation papers (DD 214, 53-55)
- Assist in enrollment for VA facilities
- Help secure transportation to VA facilities
- Assist in applying for Education and/or Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Dependence Indemnity Compensation Assistance
- Death and Burial benefits
MissionTo assist veterans and their dependents in obtaining any and all county, state and federal benefits to which they are entitled.
- Veterans Relief
- Michigan Veterans Trust Fund
Boards & Commissions
Roscommon County Veteran Outreach Team
Members of the Veteran Outreach Committee are, from left, Heath Nemeth, Jodi Valentino, Lori Darga, Tom Shepard, Daryl Kujat, A.J. Wesler, Ron Schrieber, Don Mraz and Sheriff Ed Stern. The team will help direct inmates and homeless Veterans to resources for the help they need.
Veterans Coffee Hour
A great turnout of Veterans helped to make the first Veterans Coffee Hour at the Houghton Lake airport a huge success! Remember, we do this at 9 a.m. on the first Thursday of every month.
Introducing Veteran's Relaxation Room
The start of the new Veterans relaxation room to help combat the effects of Seasonal Adjustment Disorder (SAD), anxiety and depression. 10,000 LUX Vitamin D lamp and massage chair! Thank you for your service Roscommon County Veterans.
Serving Local Veterans Through National Offices
Roscommon County Veteran Affairs Office is working with National Service Organizations to fulfill the needs of our veterans. Pictured, left to right, County Veteran Affairs Director Heath Nemeth, local veteran Florian Klein, Marine Corps League Michigan Director Liz Cuddington and County Veterans Service Officer Lori Darga.
Director of Veterans Affairs
Veteran Service Officer
Veterans Affairs Office
Roscommon County Building
500 Lake Street
Roscommon, MI 48653-7690
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
By appointment only
Walk-ins suspended until further notice
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Operation Injured Soldiers
Brave Hearts Estates
We know that it is important to help our disabled heroes get back to doing the sports and hobbies they enjoyed before being deployed or injured. The role of OIS is to provide events and places where disabled veterans from all wars can enjoy the camaraderie of others.
PLEASE visit our web site at www.injuredsoldiers.org to get registered and take advantage of all the FREE recreational opportunities awaiting you.